It’s almost that time of year again that nearly 5 million people celebrate being Irish, and millions of others wish they were. I’ve made quite a lot more recipes involving either Irish ingredients or based on traditional Irish recipes this last year, so there’s plenty for you all to choose from! Make sure to shop for local products as well, so you’ll have the best of the Irish produce when cooking any of these recipes.
I hope you all have a fantastic day on Friday, let me know in the comments below how you plan on celebrating!
1. Irish colcannon – mashed potatoes with green cabbage or kale
2. Irish Barmbrack (Bairín Breac) – the perfect teacake
3. Traditional Irish Potato (Pan)cakes or Boxty
4. St. Patrick’s day Guinness cupcakes with Baileys cream cheese frosting
5. Irish scallops with black pudding and cauliflower cream
6. Crunchy Homemade Pan Fried Tater Tots with Irish Rooster Potatoes
7. Irish homemade garlic & herb butter
8. Seasoned Irish lamb kebabs served on flatbread with a juicy grilled watermelon, red onion, Greek cheese and mint salad
9. Breaded fishcakes with cod & potatoes, served in a green herb & Kerrygold butter sauce
10. Traditional Brown Irish Soda Bread
11. Irish soda bread
12.Butter Cookies with Kerrygold butter and Guinness chocolate sauce